We are delighted to announce the shortlist for the Encore Award 2020, in its 30th year, for best second novel:
- David Keenan – For the Good Times (Faber & Faber)
- Patrick McGuinness – Throw Me to the Wolves (Jonathan Cape)
- Billy O’Callaghan – My Coney Island Baby (Jonathan Cape)
- Shiromi Pinto – Plastic Emotions (Influx Press)
- Luiza Sauma – Everything You Ever Wanted (Viking)
Please read the press release for more information. The 2020 judges are RSL Fellows Edmund Gordon, Nikita Lalwani and Eley Williams.
The winner will be announced on Thursday 25 June 2020.